What is the purpose of PTV truckfast profile?

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
biro.daniel

What is the purpose of PTV truckfast profile?

Post by biro.daniel »

Hello,

When comparing the latest truckfast profile with the latest truck_40t profile, we have found that the main differences are in the physical attributes (also, truckfast contains an additional maximumSpeed parameter that is not presented in the truck_40t profile). However, there is no difference in the SpeedRangeByNetworkClass parameters.

Maybe we don't understand the purpose of the truckfast profile properly, but shouldn't be a difference in the speed params as well? Can you help us to better understand the nature of truckfast profile?

Thank you in advance,
Daniel
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: What is the purpose of PTV truckfast profile?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Daniel,

I'd simply treat it as "historically grown" structure. If you look at the names of the profiles you can see that there are several compareable ones such as
- hpr-truck-40t / mg-truck-40t / smt-truck-40t-fast...

Those profiles have been invented in the various PTV products over the years and the main purpose of the truck fast is probably just to override the speed values of the default profile (a regular car with up to 130km/h).

From my perspective the different profiles have been maintained due to "enable users to compare tracks if they use same products".

So much for now,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: