Integration of two Map's (Europe + South America)

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
sgebhardt

Integration of two Map's (Europe + South America)

Post by sgebhardt »

Dear all,

we have one development server, which will also be used in the company to show our functions. So i asked for the south american City Map 2016 map, because one of our partners is interested in this topic.

I have installed the map next to our existing map (PTV Europe City Map Premium 2016.1T), because the option to extend the map in the installer wasn't aviable. So the folders are:
.../map/EuropePremium.geo
.../map/SouthAmerica.geo

The ".../map" folder is given in the configuration. xMap and the xLocate server are running fine with this configuration.
The xRoute (and xTour) modues get an error on start during init the map:

Code: Select all

ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;MESSAGE-STACK:
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;CODE:   ERROR (-1409)
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;ORIGIN: XROUTEMODULE
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;DESCR:  gl_pMapData->Init with ErrorCode: 1427332160
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;REASONS/TODO:
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;-
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;CODE:   FATAL (-3203)
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;ORIGIN: ROUTING:ROUTER
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;DESCR:  Duplicate country code
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;REASONS/TODO:
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;(1) possibly there are two integration units in your map directory having the same country code
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;do not copy and rename map files like (deu.rtg and deu2.rtg)
ERROR;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-
WARN;com.ptvag.xserver.module.xroute.m0001;<no-request>;-;-;-;Ferry Access Initialization Error, starting as if routelister.initFerryLayer=false.
Any idea how to solve this?

Best Regards
Sebastian
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Integration of two Map's (Europe + South America)

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Sebastian,

first of all: unfortunately combining the individual map folders in one common folder doesn't work like that.

From a server administrator's perspective: You have to setup two server instances if you want to use 2 different maps. If both server instances are running on one shared machine you need to reconfigure the ports of one of the instances.
Sample architecture
Sample architecture
multiple_servers.png (36.04 KiB) Viewed 9997 times
From a client developer's perspective: If you want to use both services (mapping server Europe + mapping server SouthAmerica) you have to access the two separated service urls within your application and decide "which one is needed right now.

Another approach of the topic is to use the WORLD map provided by PTV (though I'm not sure about the licensing model behind that major map).

Let us know if you need further hints.

Best regards Bernd

PS: there is also a small chapter available dealing with this topic: http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/fileadmin/f ... s%7C_____1
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
sgebhardt

Post by sgebhardt »

Thanks for the info Bernd. Will take care about the steps to get an additional instance running.
Howard

Post by Howard »

Bernd Welter wrote: Another approach of the topic is to use the WORLD map provided by PTV (though I'm not sure about the licensing model behind that major map).
Can you elaborate on this topic? Is it possible to use the WORLD map and the Europe City map together somehow with only one instance of each xServer?

Thanks,

Sven Howard
Joost

Post by Joost »

Hello Sven,

I believe Bernd is pointing at our World City map. This map already has Europe on the highest detail level integrated, so there is no need for extra Europe City map data. Currently we have it available in our xServer internet as a hosted solution if you want to try this map out. For more information on xServer internet have a look at http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/en-uk/produ ... -internet/ .

With regards,
Joost
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
Howard

Post by Howard »

Thanks for the clarrification.

I used the chapter "Changing Default Ports" from here to create two Instances for each xServer with the two maps.

I found that two additional changes were necessary for our environment:
1) For each xServer: Change the variables "wrapper.name" and "wrapper.displayname" in the conf/wrapper.conf file to reflect the map name. (Otherwise you have a problem with the Services.)
2) For the XRouteServer with ContentUpdate enabled: Change the file conf/content-update.properties and change the notifyServers variables (and the map directory if it's used).

Thanks for the help!
Sven Howard
Wessendorf Software & Consulting GmbH
http://www.wsc.biz