Fuzzy via Point

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
krzysiek mbis

Fuzzy via Point

Post by krzysiek mbis »

Hi,
I'm testing fuzzy linking and I have one question. Consider the route near Kolkwitz
fuzzy1.jpg
Now lets put fuzzy via point (with 2100 metres radius) in the middle of this route, and run route request again. We will se as below:
fuzzy.jpg
If we look a little bit closer we will see that route didn't take radius into consideration:
fuzzy3.jpg
I thing that this route supposed to be the same with such a big radius.
In other routs (very similar to that one) it seems to work fine.
In fuzzy.zip I send you a request in detail. Could you be so kind and tell me how to do it right ?

Best Regards,
Krzysiek.
Attachments
fuzzy.zip
(1.08 MiB) Downloaded 286 times
Krzysiek Paziewski
.Net Developer/Team Leader at Marcos Bis
Katowice, Silesian District, Poland
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Fuzzy via Point

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Krzysiek,

I think I can explain the cause of the result: just look at the following internal workflow in case of

Code: Select all

<WaypointDesc linkType="FUZZY_LINKING" fuzzyRadius="2100" xmlns="http://xroute.xserver.ptvag.com">
Based on your NEXT_SEGMENT - FUZZY_LINKING - NEXT_SEGMENT with the waypoints[green / blue / red]:
  • we compute the route from [GREEN] to [BLUE]
  • we go back 2100m in reverse direction from BLUE, the result coordinate is BLUE**
  • we compute the route from [BLUE**] to [RED]
  • we concatenate [GREEN]-[BLUE**] with [BLUE**] to [RED]
Now let's consider the exact location of BLUE: it is not located on the direct path between GREEN and RED but on the opposite driving direction. The attached screenshots show the route from [GREEN] to [BLUE]
route from GREEN to BLUE performing the nasty manoeuvre at the highway exit.
route from GREEN to BLUE performing the nasty manoeuvre at the highway exit.
Close visualization of the route - you can see that the coordinate of BLUE is located on the wrong side.
Close visualization of the route - you can see that the coordinate of BLUE is located on the wrong side.
Usually this works fine in larger areas with walking in reverse on the same highway direction. In your sample the internal logic produces such a result.

If BLUE is defined by a click in a map the probability of "choosing the proper side of the highway" is 50:50.

Best regards Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: