MatrixInfo sending issue in case of activated AllowedCountry

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
biro.daniel

MatrixInfo sending issue in case of activated AllowedCountry

Post by biro.daniel »

Hi All,

We face the following issue when sending Matrixinfo requests through PTV SOAP API:
- when the AllowedCountry setting is active, PTV cannot link points in case both points are in the same country. However, without the AllowedCountry setting, the connection is possible.
- when we send RouteInfo request with the same content (and with activated AllowedCountry), the points are linked without any problem.

We tried to find some information in PTV documentations related to the issue, but we were not able to find a clear answer whether this option is supported in MatrixInfo requests or not.

Please, find attached some examples as we saved them with Fiddler.

matrix-req-with-allowed-country-at.txt – with set AllowedCountry setting -> points are not linked
matrix-req-NO-allowed-country-at.txt – without AllowedCountry setting -> points are linked

Besides, we found some information about JSON API in the documentation, but we could not find any specification. Can you provide us with a specification of JSON API?

Thank you in advance!
Attachments
matrix-req-with-allowed-country-at.txt
(14.14 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
matrix-req-NO-allowed-country-at.txt
(13.98 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: MatrixInfo sending issue in case of activated AllowedCou

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Daniel,

I think the cause for the behaviour is the proximity of your waypoints to the borders of adjacent countries: the coordinates are located at highways where you'd have to follow the road, cross the border and perform a major turning manoeuvre in the neighbour country.

See the attached images.
1st Waypoint: located near the german border
1st Waypoint: located near the german border
2nd Waypoint: located near the slowak border
2nd Waypoint: located near the slowak border
In other words: depending on the coordinates close to highways you need to drive into the "forbidden" zone.

What I'm surprised of: that xRoute claims to resolve this. By the way: not sure whether you face "linking" issues. I assume it is a "routing" issue after a successful linking.

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Joost

Post by Joost »

I tried the request on our europe map in the cloud (had to change the layername of the truckattributes) to see the exact error codes and I got -3211 which is routing error, not linking error. So Bernd explanation is spot on.

Keep in mind: if the calculate matrix info encounters a routing error, it will not throw an exception, but use a negative value to indicate an error. The value is the error code. These are explained in the documentation. From https://xroute-eu-n.cloud.ptvgroup.com/ ... .RouteInfo :
Otherwise negative values show error codes. Most common error codes here are -3120: At least one of the stations in the linking request could not be linked to the road network (coordinates might be outside of the map, far away from streets or close to streets which cannot be used for routing such as pedestrian zones, wood-paths and so on). -3211: No valid route found, one of the stations is located in an isolated area, or there is no route for the given restrictions, check the routing restrictions. Furthermore, -3211 is issued when this relation has not been calculated due to request abort.
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
biro.daniel

Post by biro.daniel »

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply!

The problems we have encountered are likely because of the following difference in the operation of Route and MatrixInfo queries:

When the endpoints have proper heading information, and route request is made than PTV can plan the routes, and as it can be seen from the response, the matched points are in the correct lane, and the route is planned.
When an equivalent Matrix request is made, then the routes cannot be solved.
When Matrix requests are made with the points matched by the single route query than the routes can be linked/solved.

We think that this is because the source and destination matching differs in between the matrix and non-matrix implementations.
Is this the case? Can the Matrix implementation be configured to use a coordinate matching method more similar to the single-route versions? If so how, and what are the performance costs of that?

Thank you!
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Daniel,

please provide an exact example of such a routing case (as "little" as possible).
Matrix call and Single Route call.

I'll have a look at it (maybe in a few days).

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Joost

Post by Joost »

Side note:

Having the same results between 1:1 routes and matrix routes is one of the implementation goals of xServer 2. There are some gaps in functionality between linking and routing in the xServer 1 versions. It could be that you hit such a gap.
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux