Holidays and goods classified as dangerous management

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
g.fiume

Holidays and goods classified as dangerous management

Post by g.fiume »

Hello, I'm trying to understand how PTV manages holidays and goods classified as dangerous (ADR):
- How blocks and restrictions on the circulation of HDVs at certain times of the year (e.g. Holidays, Christmas period, ....)are managed?;
- How are blocks and limits to the circulation of HDVs related to the type of material transported managed?

I've found on the manual the following limitation for holidays (.../manual/Default.htm#Use%20cases/xRoute/UC_How_to_Use_Feature_Layer_Theme_PTV_GeneralTruckRestrictions.htm?Highlight=holidays). Does exist only this manner to manage the holidays?
On contrary, for special materials, I hadn't found anything.

Thanks in Advance
Giambattista
g.fiume

Re: Holidays and goods classified as dangerous management

Post by g.fiume »

Looking better on the manual I've found this (.../manual/Default.htm#Use%20cases/xRoute/UC_How-to-use-truck-attributes.htm?Highlight=materials). Is this the only way to manage special materials?

Thanks again
Giambattista
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Holidays and goods classified as dangerous management

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Giambattista,

as you already mentioned the handling of some special rules is related to optional feature layers offered by PTV.
Those feature layers are generic data containers and depending on your usecase you might apply several of the at the same time.

The PTV_GeneralTruckRestrictions and the PTV_TruckAttributes deal with such constraints that are based on physical attributes of vehicles (e.g. max weight, height, ...) and further laws (transit forbidden on specific weekdays, ...).

What kind of material would you like to be considered?
Of course we can deal with material based blockings such as explizit blockings
- hazardousToWaters
- hazardousGoods
and implizit ones
- tunnel restriction categories (which are usually derived by material)

What is your expectation towards terms such as holidays and christmas? Do you mean statistical usage of roads which is related to such periods? If this is what you mean I'd say "we offer historical data via PTV_SpeedPatterns / PTV_TruckSpeedPatterns" (good news) which is achieved by aggregating utilization grouped by weekdays" (bad news: no special periods available, just "the average tuesday...")

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: