xServer2 routings with modified RE-Bin-Data

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
MISTERX

xServer2 routings with modified RE-Bin-Data

Post by MISTERX »

Hi,

does anybody know wether routing with xServer2 will take modified map-data by RoadEditor into consideration or not?

From my point of view, this feature is essential for commercial routings when TruckAttributes (FeatureLayer) are missing or ambiguous (e.g. temporary blockings only for trucks due to construction works)!
Mr. X
  • Integration PTV <> SAP
  • Senior Consultant

Optimism is only a lack of data!
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: xServer2 routings with modified RE-Bin-Data

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello X,

this is a very hot topic. As you know the infrastructure of MAP&GUIDE Road Editor has grown over years and though it's complexity is challenging it also doesn't satisfy all the requirements of our customers. I decided to define a special subforum PTV Map&Guide RoadEditor for the limited number of users of this special use case.

A rough info (and even with some extended scope) about your triggering question is this:
Within xServer 1 we implemented the following use case over time. These use cases have one thing in common: they are implemented both with a native mechanism and an additional feature layer based approach:
Usecase / Consideration ofNative approachFeatureLayer
historical time dependent speed valuesGanglinien files, placed in /shared/dynPTV_SpeedPatterns, PTV_TruckSpeedPatterns
live traffic informationTrafficInfoLoaderPTV_TrafficIncidents via ContentUpdateService
special Truck AttributesBinary files and RoadEditorPTV_TruckAttributes
:!: Now the most important info at this time is that xServer 2 will no longer support the native approaches. It will focus on FeatureLayer by 100%.
:!: Next question that rises is "what user interface can we use to maintain our own data?" - the answer is: so far (January 2019) there is no user interface available to administrate your own content. Our plan is to implement an API based approach towards the maintenance of feature layer content. Once this generic API is available we can develop a frontend (e.g. web based) that replaces the known Road Editor.

So we are in some kind of a transformation phase these months and I know this is quite challenging. I'll provide further info in the forum whenever it is available to me. Do not hesitate to ask such questions as they show us what our customers and partners need.

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: