xLocate Java Client "Error creating WebServiceClient."

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.

xLocate Java Client "Error creating WebServiceClient."

Postby ASOL » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Hello,

I have a very stange im Problem using the java implementation from xLocate, im not sure if this is the right place for this, because i think the problem is not ptv related, but maybe you can help me anyway.

while i worked with xmap and leaflet my collegue implemented a xlocate package to geocode addresses in our application server, it looks very similar to the code sample here :
http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/de/cookbook/programming-examples/java/using-ptv-xserver-internet-in-java-applications/

and it works for him. After he finished i tried on my pc too, but it don`t work for me.
im getting "Error creating WebServiceClient." from RemoteException.java while after findAdress.
After that, we testet it on two other pcs and worked perfekt.
So there must be something in my configurations, but we have no clue what.
ASOL
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:32 am

Re: xLocate Java Client "Error creating WebServiceClient."

Postby Bernd Welter » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Hello Jörg,

in fact this looks like a JAVA / deployment issue. Though this is not a PTV topic I forwarded it to some Java experienced colleagues.

Best regards,
Bernd

(And I moved the issue to the generic forum because it is not a geocoding topic)
Bernd Welter
Manager Technical Consulting & Requirement Engineering
Senior Technical Consultant Developer Components
PTV GROUP - Germany

Bernd at Youtube
User avatar
Bernd Welter
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1157
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:28 am

Re: xLocate Java Client "Error creating WebServiceClient."

Postby ASOL » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:46 pm

We finally found the issue :D

I started the Server with our own Manager and got the error, but after using netbeans to start the server, everything workded fine.
It looks like our manager did some strange classloading, which caused the webservice error.

Now the manager is fixed and working correctly.
ASOL
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:32 am


Return to Generic questions