How to combine old maps with new servers?

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

How to combine old maps with new servers?

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

due to fantastic reasons it might be necessary to use an old map though you want to update the engine every once in a while.
Recently a partner approached me with this:
The requirement coming from the team says to use the 2015 map.
Is it possible to have a mix and match of Engine and Maps? i.e. will 2015 Maps work with 2020 or 2021 Engine
Well, under the following conditions you should be able to ensure a combination of
- latest engine
- older maps
First you need to be aware the a few years ago we invented a “map data version” which is available both on the map and the routing profile. Here's an overview of the maps data versions:
xServer 1, xServer2
When we invented these versions we also considered them in the routing profiles which have to match the configured maps version. As current versions of the engines are shipped with profiles based on dataCompatibilityVersion=2 you would have to downgrade the servers configuration folder.

The profiles are available for download at the Customer Area (login required!):

PTV xServer1 profiles / PTV xServer2 profiles

:!: Be aware that a server won't start at all if opne or more than one profile doesn't match the configured maps data version!

There's still a condition you need to check: be aware that we do not provide toll updates for such old maps!
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: