casual webinar: profile mechanism and injection

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

casual webinar: profile mechanism and injection

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello together,

in the recent weeks I received some questions about our routing profiles and how to parametrize the full set of available parameters via the API which is especially important for users who work with PTV xServer INTERNET (no access to customized profiles).

I therefore decided to offer a quick'n'dirty webinar on wednesday, july 22nd (11am). Feel free to join, the registration and full agenda link is here:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regist ... 6165322754

Best regards Bernd
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: casual webinar: profile mechanism and injection

Post by Bernd Welter »

There you go - thanks to the participants of todays webinar.
As promised here are some documents I'd like to share with you...
XRouteToll-20150722.zip
Testclient xRouteToll (22.7.2015)... helpful to visualize toll and segment attributes, includes manipulation of basic routing options and access to XML Snippet. Recommendations for improvement WELCOME!
(1.79 MiB) Downloaded 461 times
TimeSnippet.zip
Another testclient that displays time dependent layers... ready for the xServer INTERNET, too.
Configure
- url / username / password
- startTime / endDate / timeOffset / offsetInterval
- MapCenter and scale
- Basic snippet
(188.35 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
20150722-XMLs.zip
the xml requests and snippets used in the session
(5.45 KiB) Downloaded 416 times
I also reviewed the questions you asked during the session. More or less they were all the same:
  • How about the priority of attributes being sent via API ("ProfileXMLSnippet") and within a server profile ("Profile")? ANSWER: a snippet parameter overrides the server side parameter
  • What happens if TruckAttributes are specified both via traditional BIN file and feature layer? ANSWER: both ressources contain same data. Therefore there is no conflict. What you've seen with xMapTestclient was based on different rendering styles of my map rendering profile (affects TruckAttributes.bin) and the default visualization (XMap.featureLayer).

Do not hesitate to get back with your questions! I think feature layer, snippets and high performance routing are very interesting and mighty features. Sometimes not easy to spot in the documentation but often underestimated!

Best regards Bernd