API Loading mechanism

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
JonasAJ

API Loading mechanism

Post by JonasAJ »

Hello,
I’m currently trying to implement a simple Map in our Product, which seemed pretty easy thanks to the Code Sample Browser. But our framework only allows me to hand over one external API. You already use two scripts in the Basic Map rendering example, my question would be, if there is a API which summarized all the needed API’s (like xMap, sample.min, xRoute and so on) in one together?

Best Regards,
Jonas
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: API Loading mechanism

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Jonas,

I forwarded this request to our developers (knowing that you are dealing with a specific condition: web environment with JavaScript). Hopefully they'll answer asap on their own.

Answering your question on a generic level using C# / .NET I can answer that it is possible to merge several WSDL files into a single shared C# file using the command line tool WSDL.EXE which is part of Visual Studio. Probably no solution for you but an approach for others who might take a look at your question.

If you don't get an answer within the next days please get back to me (in person) and I'll stress it internally.

Best regards
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Meanwhile I received feedback from DEV (regarding the JavaScript and LEAFLET approach):
We do not provide a single package for the approach described by you. This is because we create a single client for each available backend module and those clients are bundled afterwards during the automated build process.
There is a workaround: process the requests without the PTV client. This procedure is described in the developers guide at Developers Guide => Programming Environment => Generating Clients => JavaScript.
http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/fileadmin/f ... t%7C_____2

Best regards and thanks to Matthias David,

Bernd
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

and here is some more valuable food...

http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/en-uk/cookb ... ping-apis/

Thanks to Oliver!!!