Query which countries are covered by license

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
Benjaminabat

Query which countries are covered by license

Post by Benjaminabat »

Is there a way to find out programatically the countries of which data is included in the current license? Something like an API-Operation which would return a list of these countries or a certain returncode when asking for data in a country that is not included would be good.

I guess reading the license file could be an option. In our license file I see the line:

Code: Select all

xmap.maps=*
Is this the relevant parameter? I can not display the streets of cities in the USA. Is there something I'm missing?

Any pointer will be helpful!
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Query which countries are covered by license

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Benjamin,

the reason why you can't visualize and use US american streets is probably because the map that is used is a European City based setup. If you want to use the US data you need either a US based DVD set or the World map.

I'll just comment some basics around the topic of MAP data here - always good to know:

The available content within the server installation is the core map data that is referenced by the servers module file, e.g. xmap.properties:
maps.path=C:/PTV-XSERVER/MAPS/PTV_Europe_City_Map_Premium_2016_1H
just a view into my map folder
just a view into my map folder
Depending on the data that is located in that directory you can use it for various detail levels
  • detailed = highest level of information, e.g. small streets and house numbers
  • transit = superficial level of information, e.g. just the major roads (highways)
Furthermore the available "universe" depends on the installation media that was used for the map setup:
Usually customers receive the Europe City Premium map DVDs which contain the data for whole Europe.
  • detailed information for each country
  • some generic data such as ferry layers, emission data and other stuff.
During the setup process you have to enter the serial number and this number will trigger the extraction of the data depending on the license context.

EXAMPLE:
Imagine you received a serial number based on D-A-CH license. After the installation process you will find the following directories in your map folder:
  • DEU_D, CHE_D, AUT_D - these folders contain the DETAILED information for Germany, Switzerland and Austra. "_D" indicates the DETAILED level.
  • lot of other folders per so-called INTEGRATION UNIT, e.g. AND_T, BEL_T, ... "_T" indicates the TRANSIT level
  • and some more generic files in the root folder
For customers using xServer INTERNET the data behind the services depends on the service URL: I hope this info gives you a better understanding of the mapping topic in general. If not: let me know and I'll extend the example.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: