Changing Map

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
Seidler

Changing Map

Post by Seidler »

Hello,

some questions how to change maps.

How often deploys PTV a new map version? How old are these maps?
How do I change a map?
Is it necessary to delete folders like "dima"?

Best regards
Michael Seidler
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Changing Map

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Mr. Seidler,
we have to distinguish between
  • standard maps such as Europe city, North America city... these maps are updated automatically. Usual period is one update every 6 months (2014.1, ...2014.2, ...2015.1..). Within these versions we provide some small data updates such as toll updates.
  • project maps: they are usually prepared once within a given project and an update is a change request and provided after a sales offer.
For geographic servers (xLocate, xMap, xMapMatch, xRoute) the update process is quite simple:
  • copy the map folder to the local machine into an empty directory, e.g. c:\ptv\xserver\maps\EuropeCity-2014.2T (I recommend to label the directory based on the map data version - this simplifies the update)
  • update the module config file (e.g. xmap.properties): map.path=c:\ptv\xserver\maps\EuropeCity-2014.2T
  • restart the service
For logistics servers (using the DimaCtrl component) it is a little bit more challenging: as the "brain" of the distances is stored in data folders containing the distance matrices you have to delete this /data/dima folder which will cause complete new computations of dimas with the new maps. Anyway it might be helpful to flush the brain from time to time (like cleaning the cache of the browser).
By the way: the same action is necessary if you update the servers because the distance matrix component may change the storage format internally...

I hope this answer helps you to understand how to proceed,
otherwise let me know what you are missing,

Regards from Germany,
Bernd Welter