Problematic waypoints next to borders

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
KZsolt

Problematic waypoints next to borders

Post by KZsolt »

Helo!

During some tests we experienced some problems in connection to the country codes we recieve from the PTV.
For some reason the country code thats generated by PTV is wrong on some waypoints we define next to borders.

For example:
1) 46.984421,16.277086: According to PTV that point is in AT, but its in HU actually.
1.jpg
2) 50.096939,16.704661: According to PTV that point is in CZ, but its in PL actually.
2.jpg
3) 54.372202,20.659414: According to PTV that point is in AL, but its in RU actually.
3.jpg
and so on.

What can cause that issue and how can we fix this? I've attached 3 pictures which represent the 3 points I've posted as example.

Thank you,
Kiraly Zsolt
Joost

Re: Problematic waypoints next to borders

Post by Joost »

What can be the case is that you are using Reverse search options to filter out unnamed streets. From:

http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/fileadmin/f ... s%7C_____7

ENGINE_FILTERMODE None
Specifies the way how xLocate will filter the reverse locating results. Possible values:
0 - filters nothing
1 - filters results where the street has no name
2 - filters streets without a name and duplicate street results.

Normally a value of 1 is desirable because most matches on unnamed streets are often wrong matches due to GPS drift. For example small dirt road that run parallel to a high way.

I did try to reproduce your last example but wasn't able to. I would recommend to check you options. It is also possible that I'm using a newer map (tested on 2014.2T and 2014.2H).
rev_geo.jpg
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello,

please let me know
which map data do you use
which interface you refer to (xRoute? xLocate?)
which method?
which property?

I made similar tests as Joost with
xLocate + PTV_Europe_City_Map_Premium_2014_1T
By using findLocation my results were proper.

Additional tests with xRoute.calculateRoute were also succesful.
bordercrossing.gif
Regards Bernd
KZsolt

Post by KZsolt »

Helo!

Sorry I forgot to add these details:
We are using the PTV Europe City Premium 2014.2H map + xRoute and we are using the calculateRoute method.

Thanks,
Kiraly Zsolt
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Which property of the routing result leads to the wrong country?
KZsolt

Post by KZsolt »

Hi!

When I run the tests in the client that Bernd sent me I recieve the right country codes just like you guys, but for some reason when I try to validate my waypoint from code with a CalculateRoute method calling (to plan a route between that problematic waypoint and a different one which is defined), the iuCode property gets set to the wrong (43 instead of 36) value.

Thanks,
Kiraly Zsolt
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello again,

meanwhile I am back from holidays. I recommend to raise a ticket because this thread turns to be "customer specific" and if the interface doesn't return what it is supposed to return it seems to be "support" instead of "consulting", too.

Anyhow:
once our support checked and resolved this issue it would be nice to get another statement about the "revelation" afterwards.

Is that ok for you?

Regards Bernd
KZsolt

Post by KZsolt »

Hey guys!

The issue we originally faced was caused by a mix of different problems:
The old integration codes and wrong planning (which included weight limitations) were responsible for it, but first I haven't noticed that these 2 problems are separated. So thank you again for all the help and suggestions!

For future readers: http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=9&t=86 is where you can find the new, modified integration code list.

Regards,
K.Zsolt