Maximum weight limit

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
qsku

Maximum weight limit

Post by qsku »

Hi!
I have a problem with routing.
I calculate a route for a truck which totalPermittedWeight is 40000 kg.
The problem is that the calculated route leads through a road marked on the map by 12000 kg maximum weight limit.
westhausen.JPG
I attach my SOAP request:
westhausen_query.zip
(2 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Could you please tell me what I have to change in the request to get the correct route?

Regards,
qsku
Joost

Re: Maximum weight limit

Post by Joost »

I can't reproduce this issue because I do not know which map your are using. What I can say:

The icon you are seeing is NOT the icon for weight blocking. it is the icon for CONDITIONAL weight blocking. Most likely the conditions are not met. My best guess would be that the blocking has condition delivery=false, but I'm not sure.

In your code you are requesting TruckAttributes in both old style (road editor technology) as well as new style (Featurelayer). I would recommend not to to this and use FeatureLayer only. Right now I do not know in which data the blocking you are seeing isdefined so I can't double check the situation.
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
qsku

Post by qsku »

I use the xServer .NET control and I use the web service at https://xroute-eu-n-test.cloud.ptvgroup ... /ws/XRoute to calculate the route.
I also use your request runner at https://xroute-eu-n-test.cloud.ptvgroup ... quest.html to test some requests.
The vehicle in my request is not marked as a delivery vehicle so I suppose the vehicle won't violate any weight limits.

If you have any problems to reproduce this issue please let me know.
I still hope you can tell me how to modify my request to get the correct route.

qsku
Joost

Post by Joost »

With the cluster information I was able to reproduce your route. Right now with you are calling 2 technologies for road blocking, so let me explain both.

Road editor technology:
The road editor file is loaded from you profile snippet. Key Profile -> Routing -> Course -> AdditionalDataRules -> @layerName . You can see what kind of blocking are on the road by requesting the segments and segmentAttributes via the ResultListOptions. Then you can look at each ExtendedRoute.route.segments[] On the segment.segmentAttr.additionalRE for messages if their are blocking on the segment. In your case: "DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS5|0=120;DIR_OPT_COND_MALUS6|0=120".

The exact meaning can be lookup up at http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/fileadmin/f ... Format.htm . In this case: "closed for vehicles heavier than a given weight except for residential vehicles" and "closed for vehicles heavier than a given weight except for delivery vehicles".

Now here comes to part why I who recommend to leave road editor technology out of your request. The conditional values are not configured by default. So you have to configure then yourself in the profile. This has to done via the Routing -> Course -> AdditionalDataRules -> Legacy. Now if you look in our documentation you see that this part is very abstractly documented. This is why I would recommend to stay away from road editor technology if you have Feature Layers available. There are more reasons from a technology standpoint, but this is for me the main reason from a programmers perspective. So my recommendation: only use feature layer technology.

Feature layer technology
In your snippet you are also loading up the truck attribute feature layer via Profile -> FeatureLayer -> Themes . If we want to inspect what kind of blocking are on the route, you can request those by enabling featureDescriptions on the ResultListOptions. Then you can look at each ExtendedRoute.route.segments[] On the segment.featureDescriptions for information. In your case there a blocking. with driveType=0|maxWeight=12000|freeForDelivery=1 .

The meaning can be lookup up at http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/fileadmin/f ... Attributes . So in this case it stands for "Blocked for Motor-vehicle with their total weight over 12000 KG with exception for vehicles that are marked delivery." Now the reason why your vehicle is driving through this blocking is because the total weight is not exceeding 12000 KG.

To clarify more on weight:
In our data we have 2 kinds of weight that are used for blocking: maxWeight and totalPermittedWeight.
maxWeight is checked against the actual weight of the vehicle. It is defined as:
Routing -> Vehicle -> Physical -> Weight -> @emptyWeight
+ Routing -> Vehicle -> Physical -> Weight -> @loadWeight
+ Routing -> Vehicle -> Physical -> Trailer -> @emptyWeight
totalPermittedWeight is defined as:
Routing -> Vehicle -> Physical -> Weight -> @totalPermittedWeight

In your example you did not adjust any parameter for actual weight, only total permitted weight. Our default truckfast is configured with vehicle empty weight of 7500, load weight of 0 and trailer weight of 0.
Joost Claessen
PTV Benelux
qsku

Post by qsku »

Thanks a lot for your help, Joost.
It works well after passing all the weight parameters.

By the way, how to remove the road editor technology from my request?
Is it enough to remove the layerName from AdditionalDataRules tag?

qsku
Joost

Post by Joost »

It is.
Joost Claessen
PTV Benelux