What means "The specified authentication data does not .."

Within this forum we want to offer discussions all around our .NET based Map control including all .Net-language specific questions concerning calls of the xServer-API. Attention: xServer-relevant concepts can be found in further forums such as xRoute or xTour.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

What means "The specified authentication data does not .."

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

for those players who installed xServer.NET Demo Center and faced the following error message:
The error message
The error message
Connection failed
The specified authentication data does not validate against the specified url. The url itself is working as expected. Please note that the pre-supplied access token (15-day-test-license) may have expired.
Here's some valuable information for you:
  • xServer.NET Demo Center is using our cloud based PTV xServer INTERNET from scratch.
  • Probably you downloaded your version too long ago.
  • Download the latest version here or via the customer area (login required) or get in touch with your technical counterpart at PTV
  • You could also redirect the samples to your local environment (attention: some might need additional data).
  • Or just follow the instructions in the error message box :lol:
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Stefan

Re: What means "The specified authentication data does not .

Post by Stefan »

Hi PTV Team,

i have downloaded the newest version (1.5) from the customer area. Sadly the error message still appears. None of the suggestions in the error message seems to work for me.

The first possibility "Contact the PTV Customer Centre" says:

Unfortunately we were unable to log you into the customer centre.
The e-mail address which you have entered has been saved by us, however, you have entered an incorrect password. Please correct your password.
Note: If you have forgotten your password, please click on the link "Forgotten password?" (150)

I have tried several different logins but non of them is working. Also the "Reset passwort" throws this error:

Your entry cannot be clearly matched with a customer account.
Please check your e-mail address or reregister on the customer centre start page. (163)

With the second possibility i was able to start a test-phase but i am still not able to start the DemoCenter.

Third possibility "Download the up-to-date version" is done as mentioned previously.

Can you maybe help me where to register? Where do i find this "customer centre start page"?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: What means "The specified authentication data does not .

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Stefan,

obviously there are several topics that have to be considered at the same time. First of all: There are two shop platforms:
  • This shop is obsolete. Accounts that have been generated in this environment are valid, existing partner accounts can create new subtokens for their end customers but you can'tregister here.
  • The current shop - where you registered recently. Partners who registered here have to get in touch with Sales to get subtokens.
While the demo center seems to refer to the obsolete shop you gathered an account few days ago on the new shop. So your password reset on the old shop doesn't know your account data. Try it on the new shop.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I spoke to the developer who provided the samples. He wasn't aware that the error message should be updated (he doesn't require to use the shop of course).

Best regards,
Bernd

PS: get back to me next week. We can set up a web session 1:1 and I give you a kickoff support ;-)
PS2: this might be interesting for you in a few weeks. Deals with VAR accounts.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: