How to fix a point when planning the tour

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
Lanzo

How to fix a point when planning the tour

Post by Lanzo »

I want to redefine the optimal route for a tour. I want to keep 1 point (transportPoint description = "Special break" id = "1") at the same time, the other orders may change time. For this I provide this point together with the depots as an input plan.

As a result, however, this point is set at a different time.

What do I have to change in my call to get it working. For example, I want to keep a visit to the dentist at the same time.

In my inputplan the TourPoint is defined as below:

Code: Select all

<TourPoint id="1" type="TRANSPORT_POINT" remainPlanned="true" tourFixed="true">
    <result arrivalTime="39480" breakPeriodAtTourPoint="0" breakPeriodOnRoad="0" delay="0" departureTime="0" 
               drivingDistance="0" drivingPeriod="0" earliness="0" endServiceTime="0" restPeriodAtTourPoint="0" 
              restPeriodOnRoad="0" servicePeriod="0" startDistance="0" startServiceTime="0" waitingPeriod="0">
	<currentQuantities xsi:nil="true" />
	<wrappedTourPointViolations xsi:nil="true" />
    </result>
</TourPoint>
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: How to fix a point when planning the tour

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Lanzo,

welcome on board!

From how I understand your usecase you simply need to set the opening interval and service period of the fixed appointment to the given interval.

If the input plan (incl. the orders transport point) is valid we will try to put the other orders around it - as long as all other constraints are considered.

If your input plan isn't valid it will simply be mirrored (incl. the schedule and hints to the violated objects).

Best regards,
Bernd

PS: I recommend to check the sticky posts in the xtour forum. They give you a proper overview of the mechanisms.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: