Routing with a submarine? :-)

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Sebastian.Simon

Routing with a submarine? :-)

Post by Sebastian.Simon »

Good morning,
actually we face a problem with another routing where a non-existing 'whatever' will be used.

we had a problem with another route some time ago, PTV has eliminated this problem within the actual Europe-Premium 2019.2H, currently we are using the .1H version.

maybe this is a further problem within the old card-version.

Request:
query.xml
Query
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Result:
result.xml
result
(7.36 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Route:
Route
Route
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Sebastian
Joost

Re: Routing with a submarine? :-)

Post by Joost »

When you input a coordinate xRoute will connect this to the nearest road your vehicle is allowed to be on. Nearest is in this case defined by airline distance. The road your input coordinate is on forbids access and the nearest road is at the other side of the water.

The reason the road is blocked of because it is in a zone that is only accessible to vehicles who are classified as "delivery". Most likely the real world situation is that this road is part of a private site with restricted access. You can make vehicle delivery by following the instructions of the following blog post http://devblog.ptvgroup.com/2014/01/10/ ... -vehicles/ .
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
Sebastian.Simon

Hi,

but the routing is possible, green baloon declares the start, red declares the end.

We get no error,
within our profile.xml i declared isDelivery as "true"...

Regards,
Sebastian
Joost

Post by Joost »

I double checked the road attributes and I was mistake on the specific attribute. It is not a deliver attribute but a residential attribute. This one is controlled by the profile attribute Routing / Course / BasicDataRules / SpecialAreas / @residentialMalus . This surprised me because the default value here is not blocking. So I looked a bit deeper.

It turns out the road has an internal flag disallowing regular linking to the road is it is a destination. The presents of these flags is not uncommon in zones with special road attributes. They are applied to make sure that a tiny data error in the zone doe not lead to isolated areas. In this particular case I think the local road isn't properly attributed. I'll report this as a data error, after that it is up to the data provider to fix this.

Currently there are 2 alternatives to work around this:
* Disable the linking flags by setting Routing / Waypoint / LinkTypeConfiguration / Road / @onlyReachableRoads to false in your profile. I would not recommend this. This might solve this local issue but it can cause issues at other parts of the map. You run the risk of getting "route cannot be calculated" exceptions.
* Move the coordinates a bit to the left side. If you look at at the attached screenshot, the blue line is the part that has the residential blocking and also the link flags (it's the residential part that makes the blue line). If the coordinate would be close the the normal road next to it you will get a normal routing.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
Sebastian.Simon

Hi Joost,

thanks for your detailed reply and further actions.
To make sure that no side effects occur, i will relocate the coordinate to a point more left (as recommended).

Thanks!

Regards,
Sebastian