Calculating and Planning Routes with openingIntervals

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
JBlack

Re: Calculating and Planning Routes with openingIntervals

Post by JBlack »

Hello Bernd,

about the large number of intervals 30 days in advance, I think we could reduce it to about 1 to 2 weeks.

We only need the optimized route with calculated times, no overnight planning. If the tourendtime is reached, the next waypoint should "start" on the next day on the tourbegintime, without a tour back to homepod or hotel. If there is a operatingInterval specified, it should start at e. g. 09:00 (if e. g. the operatingInterval is 09:00 - 13:00). And this is working for us now, so if I add the second and third operatingIntervals also, it should work, as you also confirmed to me.

The entire times like startingtime, arrivaltime, waitduration and so on is calculated by ourselves. Is it possible to get the calculated times from an optimized route returned by the ptv service? Because currently the ptv service only optimizes the route and arranges the order of the waypoints for us. We then calculate each starting and stoptime. If there is a operatinginterval setted and if the waypoint can be reachend within it (depending on the calculated times of the previous waypoints) the arrivaltime of that point equals startingtime from previous waypoint added to drivingtime and waitingduration. If the waypoint doesn't fit into the operating Interval, we will try this for the next day again, and so on.

But I don't know how to calculate this with two additional waypoints. Because I don't know in which operatingInterval the ptv service will put the waypoint (e. g. the first or second one or e. g. on the third of the next day...) while optimizing.

So is it possible that the ptv service will return the calculated times (startingtime, drivingtime, stoptime,...) from the optimzed route?

Best regards,
Jonas Schwartz
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Jonas,

any new input / experiences since our call on 20.11.2019?

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
JBlack

Post by JBlack »

Hello Bernd,

I already got a TourPointResult returned by the calculateAdvancedTour method, but I'm trying to find out, if there is also an option to specify a tourbegintime and to force the starttime to the tourbegintime (maybe something like departureTimeFixed?). This is also possible on your map&guide internet software. It's called "Fest Abfahrt- und Ankunftszeit" under section "Zeiten".

Best regards,
Jonas
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

:idea:
Check the xRoute1.TourOptions
TourOptions... startIntervalLength<br /><br />The length of the start interval. The earliest point in time when the tour can be started, is the time given by RoutingParameter START_TIME. If startIntervalLength is present, this value specifies within what time period (in [s]) after the start time the tour can be started. 0 means that the tour must be started at the specified start time, 600 means the tour can be started within 10 minutes after the start time. Leave this value empty in order not to restrict the start time, at all.
TourOptions... startIntervalLength

The length of the start interval. The earliest point in time when the tour can be started, is the time given by RoutingParameter START_TIME. If startIntervalLength is present, this value specifies within what time period (in [s]) after the start time the tour can be started. 0 means that the tour must be started at the specified start time, 600 means the tour can be started within 10 minutes after the start time. Leave this value empty in order not to restrict the start time, at all.
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany

JBlack

Post by JBlack »

Hi,

I already setted the START_TIME routingparameter, but I commented it out because I thought it will causing errors.
Now its working, thanks!

Best regards,
Jonas
JBlack

Post by JBlack »

Hi Bernd,

just a quick question, I got the following error if I call calculateAdvancedTour():

Fehler bei der Routenberechnung:
Ein Parameter ist ungültig oder steht in Konflikt mit einem anderen Parameter. Details werden in der Antwort angegeben. (2345).

Whats means "Antwort"? Where I can find it with the details of this error? I'm catching the error with a try-catch block.

Best regards,
Jonas
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Jonas,

please capture the request and provide it to us. I assume that the response contains valid details about the cause of the malicious behaviour,

cheers
Bernd
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany

JBlack

Post by JBlack »

Hello Bernd,

I solved the error by myself. The problem was that I also had to set fromSpecified and tillSpecified in the RouteWSService.Interval() class which will be set into openingInterval array of the specific TourPoint (tourPointDesc class). However in your online documentation there is no property "fromSpecifc" and "tillSpecifiy". I also had to set a DateTime value instead of a string with xsd:datetime syntax:

http://xserver.ptvgroup.com/fileadmin/f ... e.Interval

But the next problem: If I set the START_TIME RoutingParameter to 7:00 my first TourPoint in the TourPointResult of the calculateAdvancedTour() method will start at 7:00, how you already described before, but if I use a openingInterval on that TourPoint, e. g. 13:00 the departuretime of the previous TourPoint will be 13:58.
Firstly I think there is a problem with the timezone. So it will be 12:58 if that is solved. But secondly I don't know why the depaturetime of the previous TourPoint is 12:58. It seems like the START_TIME RoutingParameter will be ignored if there is a openingIntervall declared, because the 2 minutes difference between the TourPoint 1 departureTime and TourPoint 2 arrivalTime is the duration of the driving time, because the TourPoints are only 500m away.

Best regards,
Jonas

Edit: Is the genuineWaitingPeriod property of a TourPointResult instance the waiting period a driver have to wait before he can continue the tour, because of openingIntervals and too early arrival?
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Jonas,

the thoughts that come into my mind are
- specify-properties aren't part of a server interface documentation because they are added to client classes by the class generator based on optional/mandatory character of a property.
- for the other questions: please provide request and response

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
PTV Logistics - Germany