XRoute tolls currency

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Dobos Ionut

XRoute tolls currency

Post by Dobos Ionut »

Hello,

Looking at the tolls returned from the /calculateRoute, we noticed that for courtries like Denmark there were values in the thousands. Are those values in danish krones? If so, do you also provide an option to convert the currency into euros (or any other currency) ?

Thank you,
Ionut
Joost

Re: XRoute tolls currency

Post by Joost »

The TollCost element that contains the actual prices also contains a currency attribute which tell you what currency is used.

Details: https://xserver2.cloud.ptvgroup.com/das ... e.TollCost

Atm there is no option for having all amounts recalculated to a single currency of choice in xRoute 2.
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: XRoute tolls currency

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

just let me add that prices are "before tax" (statement will be added to API soon) and I recommend to create a look-aside table with exchange factors between currencies on client side: returning the official values from local authorities is probably a proper result.

This will easily enble you to create a "transfer from->to" method with all currencies you might need in the end.

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: