ETA inquiry

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Jakub Skiba

ETA inquiry

Post by Jakub Skiba »

Hello,

One of our mutual clients (is using: PTV xServer internet with API Version 1: PTV TLN Europe City Map (HERE)) has recently reported to us a certain irregularity when mapping the route through the border crossing in the Swiss city of Koblenz.

There is a restriction on the delivery of goods on this passage in one lane. After consulting your helpdesk, we managed to determine that the border crossing is closed between 10:00 PM and 5:00 PM ( att. Koblenz crossing.jpg ).
https://www.verkehrs-recht.ch/arbeits-u ... fahrverbot

It is therefore logical that it is not possible to calculate the route through this crossing if the ETA to this point is in between 10:00 PM and 5:00 PM. Based on the tests, I was able to determine the estimated time needed to cross the border crossing is 2h10m. I also instructed the client to take corrections into this type of situation by specifying the datetime of start time and destination time.

Here are the questions that I would need help answering in order to deepen my knowledge about the map's functioning. Alternatively, I would like to ask you to point me to those topics, if they had already been raised. Apologies if the questions are vague, its my first post.

1) Where can we get information that a given section of the route (in this case border crossing) is impassable at a given time. Is it possible to display this information?

2) What data/information is used to calculate ETA ?

3) Is there a difference between calculating the ETA to the end point and a point such as border crossing?

Best Regards,
Jakub
Attachments
Koblenz crossing.png
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: ETA inquiry

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Jakub,

that was a tricky one : usually our engine is used to consider constraints and if needed perform detours. What you want to have is more like "return the attributes in the response but do NOT match them with time dependency or truck attributes".

But one step after the other:
  • As you already mentioned: there's a specific time dependent restriction near the border: "loadType=1|driveType=0|opening=0:PTV_TruckAttributes([[(h0){h5m30}]+[(h22){h2}]])" In other words: the segment is closed between 10PM and 5:30AM.
  • This means the segment knows two conditions: (1) open between 05:30 and 22:00 or (2) closed otherwise.
  • Especially "Closed" means "speed=0": therefore even when you allow violations: a 0-speed segment is not used, you'd get a detour
  • Now if the dynamic router determines the time on segments with "given time is departure" this means you arrive either before the critical time (open with regular speed) or within the critical frame (detour)
  • Depending on how yo wan to use this info in your business logic you can ask for "attributes in the response without considering them" with the following snippet:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Profile>
    	<Common coordinateFormat="OG_GEODECIMAL" language="en" majorVersion="1" minorVersion="0"/>
    	<FeatureLayer majorVersion="1" minorVersion="0">
    		<GlobalSettings enableTimeDependency="false" enableVehicleDependency="true"/>
    		<Themes>
    			<Theme id="PTV_TruckAttributes" enabled="true" priorityLevel="0"/>
    			<Theme id="PTV_TruckWaitingTimes" enabled="true" priorityLevel="0"/>
    		</Themes>
    	</FeatureLayer>
    	<Routing majorVersion="2" minorVersion="0">
    		<Course distanceTimeWeighting="80" enforceShortestRoute="false">
    			<AdditionalDataRules enabled="true" layerName="">
    			</AdditionalDataRules>
    		</Course>
    <Vehicle>
    			<Physical>
    				<Dimension height="55" heightAboveFrontAxle="80" length="1200" width="220"/>
    			</Physical>
    		</Vehicle>
    	</Routing>
    </Profile>
  • Jakub.PNG
  • This is also part of this post
Best regards,
Bernd

PS: this is also a good example for our xServer2 feature of time dependent feature layer visualization in a given TimeConsiderationMode... ;-)
https://xserver2-europe-eu-test.cloud.p ... g%7C_____4
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: ETA inquiry

Post by Bernd Welter »

Quick update in the context of 2022.2H
Attachments
And some sample routes starting in Waldshut on 00:00, 01:00, 02:00... 22:00, 23:00, 24:00<br />The charts show the detour during the nighttime.
And some sample routes starting in Waldshut on 00:00, 01:00, 02:00... 22:00, 23:00, 24:00
The charts show the detour during the nighttime.
The time dependent truck attributes within 2022.2H map
The time dependent truck attributes within 2022.2H map
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: