difference between actual fuel and fuel consumption

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Marko Cancar

difference between actual fuel and fuel consumption

Post by Marko Cancar »

Hi there,

one of my customers evaluates the emission calculation in xRoute. He uses the CEN standard and provides the actualFuelConsumptionForThisRoute. He expects the same value to be returned by the computation but the output looks different. Any idea why?

regards,
Marko
Marko Cancar
Account Executive
PTV Logistics - Austria
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: difference between actual fuel and fuel consumption

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi Marko,

I think your customer did run into a typical interpretation ;-)
Top left: actual fuel consumption INPUT given in [liter] because DIESEL is a liquid.
Top left: actual fuel consumption INPUT given in [liter] because DIESEL is a liquid.
Depending on the type of the fuel (liquid, gas, ...) the input is treated as "liter" or "kilogramm". (Therefore my testclient doesn't display a UNIT over there). The output fuel consumption is always returned in [kg].

Now as DIESEL has a density of 0.83kg/liter the output of my example (input = 10l actual...) is 8.3kg (and not 10l as expected). And the average density of Gasoline is about 0.74 kg/liter.

Here's a list of the available fuel types and the corresponding densities:
  • Benzin (Gasoline) : 0.745 kg / l
  • Diesel : 0.832 kg / l
  • LPG = Liquified Petroleum Gas : 0.550 kg / l
  • CNG = Compressed Natural Gas : 1.000 kg / l
:!: Note that when setting the bioFuelRatio in the Engine, the conversion works as follows :
Density = (conventionalFuelDensity * (100 - bioFuelRatio) + bioFuelDensity * bioFuelRatio) / 100
With the bioFuelDensity being :
  • BIOBENZIN = 0.794
  • BIODIESEL = 0.890
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: