Stack Overflow versus PTV xServer Forum

Deals with generic topics such as logging, framework and so on. If you are not sure where to place your topic just put it here.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Stack Overflow versus PTV xServer Forum

Post by Bernd Welter »

Cheers,

just wanted to let you know that we will also use Stack Overflow to discuss your topics in the context of PTV Developer from now on. Some colleagues already triggered posts over there, e.g. How to create .NET client classes for access to PTV Developer?

We will also continue to use the forum for the PTV xServer topics and also for exchange about the theory behind our components.

For those of you who prefer to use Stack Overflow, please be aware of the following info:
  • Check Stack Overflow first - maybe the answer you are looking for is already there. You can look for ptv-developer and combine this with your searchterms.
  • Consider to ask Stack Overflow: If you approach us 1:1 with generic questions we might kindly ask you to drop the question at Stack Overflow. This enables other users to find help over there 24/7.
  • Tag your topics properly: use "ptv-developer" to enable us to "find your posts".
  • Inform us: We won't get notifications automatically - if you create a post please consider to inform us manually about the new thread, e.g. forward the deeplink to your assigned consultant.
  • Give us some time: We just started to learn how to administrate your content in Stack Overflow. Maybe we do not immediately see your questions or need to ask fourther internal experts for contribution.
:idea: For topics which you DON'T want to dicsuss in public feel free to create a regular support ticket. The generic overview of ressources is available at https://developer.myptv.com/Help/Support.htm

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
MISTERX

Re: Stack Overflow versus PTV xServer Forum

Post by MISTERX »

Hi Bernd

Glad to hear that the forum will continue to exist. I am very grateful for your tireless efforts on the forum.

In my opinion, Stack Overflow-like forums are only helpful when the number of users of a particular programming language exceeds a critical mass and people are simply looking for a programming example for recurring use cases.

Should the forum be up for disposal one day, I would be happy to be approached for its preservation.

Stay curious and healthy . . .

Yours sincerely

Mister X
Mr. X
  • Integration PTV <> SAP
  • Senior Consultant

Optimism is only a lack of data!