Opening intervals for vehicle start and end location

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
CAPcargo

Opening intervals for vehicle start and end location

Post by CAPcargo »

Hi,

I`m setting a vehicle start and end location in my xTour PlanTours request, but it can happen that there are no orders with the same locations as the ones defined on the vehicle.

Therefore I need to specify that the vehicle`s start and end locations should obey the appropriate opening intervals of those locations but this is not happening by default as mentioned in the Vehicle property documentation:

startLocationId - "ID of the vehicle's start location. May be a vehicle location or a site. Opening intervals and service times are not considered for a vehicle's start location. If no start location is specified, it is assumed that the vehicle is available at the first stop."

json example of my location (which is the vehicle`s start location and no order has it):
{
"customerId": "5637476829",
"positionInTripSpecified": false,
"tripSectionNumberSpecified": false,
"openingIntervals": [
{
"start": "2022-11-01T07:08:00Z",
"end": "2022-11-01T07:08:00Z"
}
],
}

My tours still are starting earlier than "2022-11-01T07:08:00Z".

I`ve also noticed the Vehicle`s tourStartInterval property, but it won`t fully satisfy our cases where it can happen that we have orders from multiple days, so we don`t know if the vehicle is going to start delivering on (for example) Monday or Tuesday.

I guess this is a typical scenario that I can solve by using some other property that i`ve missed noticing?

Thanks,
Marko
Christian Bräuer

Re: Opening intervals for vehicle start and end location

Post by Christian Bräuer »

Hi Marko,

yes you are right, the opening intervals and the tour start interval may not be the correct property in this case.
However, there is no property precisely for your use case.
You can try to use the operating interval of the driver. The driver does not work outside of the operating interval, so an operating interval beginning at "2022-11-01T07:08:00Z" avoids that the tour of the driver starts too early. However, it does not avoid starting the tour too late.
For multiple days, you can use multiple operating intervals.

Regards,
Christian
CAPcargo

Re: Opening intervals for vehicle start and end location

Post by CAPcargo »

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the answer, your proposal did worked for us (at least to the extend of it`s limitations as you mentioned).

Marko Arsovski