Extra licenced road segments

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
innomedio

Extra licenced road segments

Post by innomedio »

Hi Dear Bernd,

Does the engine, or the map data knows how to handle segments, which are only granted If the company orders and pays an extra license?

There are some road segments, which are restricted to 7,5T+ trucks, however if you buy an extra license for a minimal fee, than you can use these roads.
The problem from the dispatcher side: If they create a route which has these kind of extra licence needs, then they need to buy these licences before the truck goes on these roads. If not, they get a very high penalty.

For example: there is a part of "Hungária körút" around Budapest, which is only free to use If you buy an extra license for that specific truck, for a given time period.

I've created an example route for this one:
HU 1*** Budapest Gyáli út
->
HU 1*** Budapest Hungária körút
See the attached picture.

The red lined segment is free to used with and extra permit.
In this case, I can only get a valid route from the engine, If I allow all violations. In that case the engine say that Hungaria körút has a 12000 kg max weight limit, which is actually true, but I you buy the extra license, than you can go to that road.

Thank you,
Peter
Attachments
Hungaria korut.png
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Extra licenced road segments

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi Peter,

here's some feedback from our data department (translated by me):
Sounds like this isn't a toll topic but an extra license a company is supposed to request and to pay if a truck exceeds the 12t threshold.
According to the description this value is part of the PTV_TruckAttributes as a regular "weight restriction".
This does not cover the requirement properly but that's the state of the software and data right now.
the 12t weight restriction is part of the truck attributes layer
the 12t weight restriction is part of the truck attributes layer
Thomas wrote:
In the past we decided not to handle such costs because we want to compute the "each time you drive the fee applies" for each single trip on such a segment. For a proper solution we would have to store indvidual IDs for such segments and a user would have to specify the "licensed segments" IDs within each single routing call. And probably users won't have access to these IDs. And this would apply for all licensed segments.
Furthermore we would need to implement a proper violation handling which covers this mix of vignette and exception handling. Not implemented at the moment.
Long story short: your requirement isn't possible with the current APIs.

Sorry for that negative feedback,

Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
innomedio

Re: Extra licenced road segments

Post by innomedio »

Hello Bernd,

Thank you for your answer!
Last question: do you have this on your roadmap? Will there be a solution for this one in the future?

Thank you,
Peter