Matching against oneway roads / driving direction

This forum deals with mapmatching.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Matching against oneway roads / driving direction

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

Felix just asked me about how the map matcher deals with one way roads. He has some sample coordinates where the vehicle has been driving against the regular direction (some garbage cleaning) and in the map matching process there are two paths instead of a single one.

How could we improve the behaviour of the map matching engine in xMapMatch2?
the vehicle came from the northern area and followed the oneway road in the east against the offical driving direction. The result contains two path interrupted paths
the vehicle came from the northern area and followed the oneway road in the east against the offical driving direction. The result contains two path interrupted paths
mapmatching oneway.png (115.3 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
Joost already told me:
In xmapmatch 1 you can turn off blocking in the profile Mapmatching / RoutingRestrictions / @considerBlockedSegments . This will also turn off the one way restrictions. Be aware that then you want a dense signal for proper pathing. Note: most likely you also want to turn or Mapmatching / RoutingRestrictions / @considerTurningBans .

As for the Developer Map Matching API: since it has no parametrizing of the algorithm and there is no easy way to stich multiple paths together I ignore its existence completely for now.
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: