XmapMatch in xServer 2

This forum deals with mapmatching.
mehdi

XmapMatch in xServer 2

Post by mehdi »

Hello,

To address our client's needs, who is currently using version 1.34,

Considering future transitioning to V2, they would like to know:

1. If xServer 2 includes XmapMatch, and whether we will be able to identify if a point is located on a highway rest area, gas station, or parking lot.
2. Confirmation that the functionalities of V1 are still available and even improved in V2.Otherwise, if it's replaced by another option?

Thank you.
Mehdi
Seyedmehdi Parhizkar
Technical Consultant
PTV Logistics - France
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: XmapMatch in xServer 2

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Mehdi,
If xServer 2 includes XmapMatch, and whether we will be able to identify if a point is located on a highway rest area, gas station, or parking lot.
Well, from a generic perspective the purpose of the map matcher is to reconstruct a route which can then be used for additional tasks within a process - may it be
  • Estimation of emissions on a driven route
  • Estimation of toll costs on a driven route
So one might think "why not using the reconstructed polyline to find out whether it spent time on a highway parking"? The gap I see is the duration that has been spent there: a map matcher determines "where you've been" but not "how long have you beeen there". That does not mean, it is impossible to compute what your user is interested in - but the map matcher output is just an ingredient of a more complex meal to be prepared.
Confirmation that the functionalities of V1 are still available and even improved in V2.Otherwise, if it's replaced by another option?
The output of xMapMatch 2 / PTV Developer MapMatching API is not 100% equal to xMapMatch1. In MapMatch2 you might miss some segment properties such as speed limits. Therefore we woulod have to look closely into the customers required attributes.

:!: Nevertheless any xServer1 user should be aware that it is time to define a migration path from xServer1 to
  • PTV Developer (=100% cloud)
  • PTV xServer2 (e.g. if cloud is a no go)
I will foreward this topic to the developers of xMapMatch so they can comment on this.

Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
mehdi

Re: XmapMatch in xServer 2

Post by mehdi »

Hello,
Thank you for explaining about xMapMatch. Please keep me updated if you learn more about the ‎client's first question from our Developer colleagues.‎

Wishing you a great weekend!‎

Best regards,‎
Mehdi
Seyedmehdi Parhizkar
Technical Consultant
PTV Logistics - France