v2.21: monetary cost optimization finalized...

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

v2.21: monetary cost optimization finalized...

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

Just for your information: with our upcoming v2.21 we finalized our "monetary cost optimized" routing and for this we made some changes in the API:
  • The switch between "abstract routing (oldschool)" and "monetary cost optimization (the new feature)" has been changed from a boolean value to an "enum" with possible the values ABSTRACT_COSTS and MONETARY_COSTS
  • Whenever you apply MONETARY_COSTS we always use the combination of the factors
    • costPerKilometer (api)
    • workingCostPerHour (api)
    • tollCosts (data)
  • the CostPerSpeed parameter has been removed at all
If you used a pre-v2.21 version of the experimental API you will face a change in the interface (both request- and response wise). Just recreate your client classes and fix these minor parts.

:!: Find more details at
Best regards,
Bernd
Attachments
Sample route from Englewood (NJ) to Scarsdale (NY) with a semitrailer 5 axles: based on the tarifs I've choosen the detour is cheaper because it avoids the expensive toll on the southern brige alternative.
Sample route from Englewood (NJ) to Scarsdale (NY) with a semitrailer 5 axles: based on the tarifs I've choosen the detour is cheaper because it avoids the expensive toll on the southern brige alternative.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: v2.21: monetary cost optimization finalized...

Post by Bernd Welter »

And one more important info in this context:
In the meantime the number of influencing factors is grown - MONETARY now covers:
  • costs per distance (v2.21)
  • costs per working time (v2.21)
  • toll (derived by the geometry and vehicles properties, not via parameter)
  • fuel /energy costs : e.g. it is now possible to define
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: