Some facts about DetailedToll

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Some facts about DetailedToll

Post by Bernd Welter »

Cheerio,

as many of you already know we implemented a new toll mechanism called Detailed Toll (DT) in xServer2. This new approach will replaced the old-fashioned "standard toll" and I'd like to use todays update on the production cloud to provide some info about detailed toll.
But first of all: many thanks to the different teams that provided this new feature through the engine, the toll data and the maps!

So here are the infos:
  • DT will not be implemented in xServer1. It will be available from xServer2 :twisted:
  • You can apply DT within xDima's matrix calculations (showcase), too.
    Small DistanceMatrix with new column "toll costs"
    Small DistanceMatrix with new column "toll costs"
  • Our new feature "cost optimized routing" (showcase) will require DT.
  • DT offers more flexible parametrization for the driver/vehicle, e.g. you can specify additional payment methods such as CASH, CreditCard, Electronic (number plate recognition), various toll provider subscriptions. Furthermore we support specific toll prividers in the Europe and the US (e.g. AT_GOBOX, DE_TOLLCOLLECT, US_SUNPASS and many more). Ask xRuntime to get the available options.
  • And the object modell reflects distinct prices and tarrifs based on US specific vehicles and vehicle properties. Therefore we can compute a much better and time dependent toll.
Attention:
  • :!: Some countries have time dependent toll, i.e. depending on the time of the day you have to pay more or less. If you do not apply a TimeConsiderationMode we can't determine the costs that apply in these countries. Our engine will therefore not return those countries contributions.
    In other words: choose a meaningful TimeConsiderationMode such as SnapShot or Optimistic!
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: