FAQ Emission Calculation

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

FAQ Emission Calculation

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi there,

obviously the calculation of emission becomes more and more important and I would like to collect some recurring questions for you. Feel free to add further questions by answering to this post. Here's some typical questions I just received today:
  • Which are the fields used to calculate emissions based on HBEFA32? As far as I check I notice that besides the waypoints, weight and emission standards no other attributes seem to influence the computation. I did set up some data such load, engine details, year of manufacture but none looks to change the computation.
    There are several other parameters that influence the emission computation but which are not only for this feature.
  • Which are the fields used to calculate emissions based on EN16258DEFRA2014?. It looks to me that engine fuel consumption and biofuel ratio are used in calculation, but no other engine properties, neither weight, load, year or emission standard have any part in computation.
  • When we do the EN16258DEFRA2014 computation when shall we use the VEHICLE_SPECIFIC_AVERAGE_FUEL_CONSUMPTION instead of one from FLEET_SPECIFIC_AVERAGE_FUEL_CONSUMPTION, ROUTE_SPECIFIC_AVERAGE_FUEL_CONSUMPTION?
    If we want to use one of the FLEET_SPECIFIC_AVERAGE_FUEL_CONSUMPTION, ROUTE_SPECIFIC_AVERAGE_FUEL_CONSUMPTION options, how can we come with specific values such fleet specific or route specific fuel consumption?
Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: