Visualization of federal state borders in xMap

This forum covers all questions dealing with visualization of data within the native PTV xMap interface. Please remember that additional plugins such as AJAX or Leaflet may be handeled in other forums.
jasci01

Visualization of federal state borders in xMap

Post by jasci01 »

Hi experts,
One of my users wants to visualize the federal state borders in his German maps, e.g. the borders of Bavaria. Is this possible? How? Do I need to implement this in my map application, or is it possible only by changing the xMap configuration? (xMap 2 onPrem in use)
Generally, Is the information about federal state borders available in xMap, at all? ;)

Use case:
When checking tours on his map, the user wants to see the borders as this is relevant for regional holidays, which are not applicable in all states.

Regards,
Frederik
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Visualization of federal state borders in xMap

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Frederik,

the approach depends on the API in use. In xServer1 you can configure the server to consider a rendering profile. This is also described in this article.

Such INI files contain hundreds of keys which influence
  • colors
  • line widths
  • fonts
  • font sizes
  • ... much more
In this picture the federal borders within Germany are highlighted in RED. Names of the beverages haven been painted via MS PAINT ;-)
In this picture the federal borders within Germany are highlighted in RED. Names of the beverages haven been painted via MS PAINT ;-)
For the example I manipulated the [config.background.region.width] and it's adjacent properties/keys.
Creating such profiles is some kind of science. Are you already aware of how to deal with them?
XMAP2: the render profiles have to be located in the  profiles folder (not the rendering subfolder). Put them into /conf/profiles. The showcaseys will then offer them as additional options.
XMAP2: the render profiles have to be located in the profiles folder (not the rendering subfolder). Put them into /conf/profiles. The showcaseys will then offer them as additional options.
Best regards,
The Expert ;-)
Attachments
profiles.zip
Some sample profile (render ini + calling profile).
(11.82 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: