Request for truck with hazardous goods xRoute v1.24

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Arjan akkermans

Request for truck with hazardous goods xRoute v1.24

Post by Arjan akkermans »

Hello,

I am using xroute-x64-1.24.0.4

I am trying to request routes for trucks containing hazardous goods but I am failing to get the desired results.
The requests are generated indirectly (through a Quintiq application) but Ill do my best to describe what is happening.

I verified that I am able to request routes using different profiles configured in the xRoute/conf/profiles folder through .xml files.
Based on the default truckfast.xml profile I tried changing the xml file to indicate that hazardous goods are being used but my changes do not seem to have any effect.

the default truckfast profile has the following relevant part:
<Profile xmlns:ns2="http://www.ptv.de/com/ptvag/xserver/eng ... oidbaccess" parent="default">
<Common language="de" majorVersion="1" minorVersion="0"/>
<Routing majorVersion="2" minorVersion="0">
<Vehicle>
<Load loadType="GOODS"/>
</Vehicle>
</Routing>
</Profile>

Based on some googling and inspection of the XRouteProfile.xsd file I have changed the load complex element to:

<Load hazardousGoodsType='HAZARDOUS' loadType="GOODS"/>

However this gives me the same results for my requests as without the change. Based on additional testing it doesnt seem to matter what attribute name/enum value is filled in here, unknown ones seem to be ignored, hence I am guessing that this is not the correct way to specify in a profile that the truck contains hazardous goods. See also attatched for the full profile I am using which only contains the mentioned change based on the default truckfast profile.

Therefore my question is, how can I modify the default truckfast.xml profile such that ptv takes into account that a truck is carrying hazardous goods?

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
hazardous.xml
(2.65 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Joost

Re: Request for truck with hazardous goods xRoute v1.24

Post by Joost »

Hello,

there are 2 things you need to adjust:
1) the hazardous good blockings are not part of the core map data but reside in the extra data layer TruckAttributes. You need to enable this layer in the feature layer section of the profile.
2) when dealing with hazardous good you also need to setup the correct tunnel restriction codes. Access to tunnels often dependents of the type of hazardous material being transports and thus need some extra setting up in the profile.

For more information for setting up truck attributes: see https://xserver.ptvgroup.com/fileadmin/ ... ibutes.htm

I modified your profile with the needed parameters, see attachment.
Attachments
hazardous.xml
(3.39 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
Joost Claessen
Senior Technical Consultant
PTV Benelux
Arjan akkermans

Re: Request for truck with hazardous goods xRoute v1.24

Post by Arjan akkermans »

Thanks a lot Joost, that does seem to work (as in, I do receive a slightly longer route using that profile which would make sense)

Many thanks for the quick and clear reply!