Memory Dump files

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
KZsolt

Memory Dump files

Post by KZsolt »

Helo guys!

Could you please tell me how am I suppose to disable the creation of memory dump files in the server enviroment?

I've tried to add the -XX:-CreateMinidumpOnCrash parameter to the module runner, the whole command looks like this:

moduleRunCmd={cbd}/jre/bin/xroutemodule.exe -Xms32M -Xmx128M -Xss8M -XX:ErrorFile={cbd}/logs/hs_err_pid%p.log -cp {cp} -Dxmoduleinstance={suf}{###} -Dcatalina.base={cbd} -Djava.library.path={lib} {cls} {suf} {prt} -XX:-CreateMinidumpOnCrash

But after that fix the service automatically shuts down after the startup.
Do I need to make any other configuration?

Thank you,
Zsolt
Mathias.Heß

Re: Memory Dump files

Post by Mathias.Heß »

Hello Zsolt,

adding -XX:-CreateMinidumpOnCrash works fine since our current xServer releases are shipped with this option. However you cannot add the option to the end of the property value, then the xServer framework fails to interpret the command line value correctly.

Code: Select all

moduleRunCmd={cbd}/jre/bin/xroutemodule.exe -Xms32M -Xmx128M -Xss8M -XX:ErrorFile={cbd}/logs/hs_err_pid%p.log -XX:-CreateMinidumpOnCrash -cp {cp} -Dxmoduleinstance={suf}{###} -Dcatalina.base={cbd} -Djava.library.path={lib} {cls} {suf} {prt}
should work fine.

Regards,
Mathias Heß
KZsolt

Re: Memory Dump files

Post by KZsolt »

Helo!

Thank you for the comment, that fixed config seems to worK!

K. Zsolt