Handling of LowEmissionZones (xRoute2)

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Handling of LowEmissionZones (xRoute2)

Post by Bernd Welter »

In this thread I'd like to collect some info about the handling of low emission zones in xRoute2. I start with some basics - feel free to add your questions... Please be aware that we implemented a new mechanism based on a new feature layer in xServer 2.30. Also be aware that German low emission zones (aka Greenzones) are not 100% the same as the new mechanisms more generic low emission zones approach.

Bernd
  • Sebastien / DEV:
    Regarding the LEZ: from my point of view there is no difference between GREENZONES and LOW_EMISSION_ZONES. In Germany, Green Zones are now modelled with the new LEZ feature layer, while they where until now directly stored in the base map. Before, Green Zones could be displayed for several European countries, but could be considered for routing only in Germany. With the new LEZ theme they can also be considered for routing in the countries where the data is available.
  • This picture shows the different routes of a vehicle with a DE_RED com.ptvgroup.xserver.vehicleprofile.Engine.lowEmissionZoneTypes=DE_RED in the area of a greenzone.
    lowemissionzones-malus.png
    I applied different values for the com.ptvgroup.xserver.routingprofile.SpecialAreas.forbiddenLowEmissionZonePenalty:
    • blue = 0 : no additional costs for the usage of unmatching segments applies: the route takes a path straigth trough the zone.
    • green = 50 : small impact - the route takes a balance between direct connection and a compareably short transit through the zone.
    • purple = 500 (or more) : the route takes a path around the zone and uses a minimized transit through the zone.
  • How to detect segments where the vehicle's zone type is not sufficient for the segment? Here you have to look into the segment's list and the lowEmissionZoneType property of a segment. There's no dedicated "violated" or "insufficient" flag given so if you know the vehicle's value is "DE_RED" while some segments require DE_YELLOW or DE_GREEN you have to mathch the segments by yourself.
    lowemissionzones-malus-02.png
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
YellowFoxNP

Re: Handling of LowEmissionZones (xRoute2)

Post by YellowFoxNP »

Hi Bernd,

what do I have to do so that the xServer sets the violated flag to true for the forbidden segments?

Best regards

Nico (YellowFox)