Comparison of world map with europe city map

This forum deals with questions about special content. Let us know what kind of content you wish to see within our services...
YellowFoxNP

Comparison of world map with europe city map

Post by YellowFoxNP »

Hi Bernd,

what are the differences between the Europe City map (Here) and the World Map (Here) in terms of
  • performance
  • system requirements
  • and coverage?
For example, are the truck attributes for Germany the same in the Europe and World map?

Best regards

Nico (YellowFox)
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Comparison of world map with europe city map

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi Nico,

Thanks for this trigger! I will forward this thread tom some experts in the different domains (data/coverage, modules, system administration...) and request their feedback.

My personal expectation is:
  • The HERE World map is a superposition of the continental HERE maps. Therefore the TruckAttributes in both maps should be equal in European countries compared to the World aequivalent.
  • No direct impact on xCluster2, xTour2, xLoad2 as these modules do not access the map data by themselves. So I'd say we need to check this in xRoute2, xDima2, xData2, xLocate2.
  • We offer some abbreviation mechanisms to refer to sub-units of the world map. I recommend that you check this article about country codes. It explains how to apply codes such as "zz-eur" to restrict a routings search space to European countries. We also use the abbreviations for the search graphs in the HPR context.
  • There's also a com.ptvgroup.xserver.xlocate.SearchOptions parameter in xLocate 2 that speeds up the indexed search in a significant manner (unfortunately does not support the abbreviations mentioned above).
  • Of course you will need more disk space and memory.
Here are also some related forum posts: Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Comparison of world map with europe city map

Post by Bernd Welter »

Here's some feedback from Nazir:
We do not use continent specific map, we use World Map for all xServer2 environments, so on Cloud and on Datacenter environments.

If the customer runs xServer application on a local environment, having a plane map folder locally would be the best way for them. Because, it's easier to patch and faster to process. We can create a guide for installation.

System requirements depend on usage, however for running a World Map on a Linux machine we recommend
  • At least same amount of cores as modules ( if there are 8 modules overall, then at least 8 available cores)
  • At least 60GB of RAM for World Map (Our least used environment has 100GB RAM)
  • Faster SSD storage for World Map (at least 250 GB)
On the other hand, I cannot give you an exact comparison of maps. But, we can try both - World and Continent map in the same environment with the same requests to find out the performance difference.

I hope the information above helps you a bit. Please, do not hesitate to ask more questions if you have any.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: