xServer 2.31 released

This subforum is dedicated to any kind of regular infos, e.g. announcements of new versions, webinars, features. Not a technical one but maybe important for deciders, product managers and partners. The intention is to keep you up2date.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

xServer 2.31 released

Post by Bernd Welter »

There it is - xServer 2.31 is available...
xServer 2.31.0
general
  • Improvement: Empty geometries in all encodings (Plain, WKB, WKT, KML, GeoJSON) are supported for request and response fields.
  • Improvement: Updated the Apache Tomcat.
  • Improvement: Updated several third-party components.
  • Bugfix: Incompatible detailed toll updates via PTV Content Update Service are completely rejected and have no impact on results.
  • Bugfix: Fixed the product name for detailed toll as the product name for basic toll was internally used by mistake (see property 'core.contentupdates.content.detailedToll.productName' in the xServer configuration file).
  • Bugfix: Fixed unexpected reloads when using dynamic pages of the dashboard like Raw Request Runner or API Changes.
xdata
  • Improvement: The fields 'referenceTimes' in the type 'SegmentsOptions' and 'timeZones' in the type 'MapSegment' are no longer experimental.
  • Improvement: The field 'mapVersion' in the type 'FeatureLayerDescription' is no longer experimental.
xdima
  • Feature: Added support to consider low emission zones in different European countries. Please note that this is experimental and requires the new Feature Layer 'PTV_LowEmissionZones' available from the PTV World City Map 2024.2H.
  • Feature: Added field 'seasonalClosurePenalty' to the type 'SpecialAreas' of the routing profile to avoid seasonal closures like mountain passes.
  • Improvement: The field 'co2EmissionClassEU' in the type 'Engine' of the vehicle profile is no longer experimental.
  • Bugfix: Toll roads for electric trucks in Germany are no longer avoided by ignoring toll sections with price 0.
xload
  • Feature: Added field 'stackOnTopOfNextStops' to the type 'StackingOptions' to stack items of a stop above items of the next stops in case of using an unloading sequence.
  • Bugfix: When planning items with a forbidden orientation 'original', it is ensured that this orientation is not part of the result.
xroute
  • Feature: Added country-specific low emission zones stickers like 'DE_NONE' or 'FR_NONE' to prohibit all zones of the corresponding country.
  • Feature: Added field 'seasonalClosurePenalty' to the type 'SpecialAreas' of the routing profile to avoid seasonal closures like mountain passes.
    SeasonalClosures: new segment attribute and impact...
    SeasonalClosures: new segment attribute and impact...
  • Improvement: The performance of using custom Feature Layers especially for long routes is improved when no preferred route types are included.
  • Improvement: It is now possible to use the parameter 'simplifiedRouteCalculation' of the exact time consideration modes in combination with using a path waypoint.
  • Improvement: The field 'co2EmissionClassEU' in the type 'Engine' of the vehicle profile is no longer experimental.
  • Bugfix: Custom Feature Layers used in a stored profile are always considered.
  • Bugfix: Fixed bug when the start time of the service at a waypoint was one second before the start of the opening interval.
  • Bugfix: Fixed bug when returning straight and not detailed polylines of boat and rail connections in some rare cases.
  • Bugfix: Removed duplicate result limitations on misconfigured vehicle when using vehicle parameters at waypoints.
  • Bugfix: Toll roads for electric trucks in Germany are no longer avoided by ignoring toll sections with price 0.
  • Bugfix: The total service time of the tour report is correctly calculated and no waiting time is included.
  • Bugfix: The tour event of type 'WAITING' is removed in case there is another tour event of type 'BREAK' present in parallel.
  • Bugfix: The missing maneuver events of type 'ARRIVE', 'ARRIVE_LEFT' and 'ARRIVE_RIGHT' are present at all intermediate waypoints.
  • Bugfix: Fix handling of service period exceeding the maximum time between breaks and rests in driving time regulations.
xruntime
  • Feature: Added field 'name' to the types 'Country' and 'Subdivision' of the operation 'getDataInformation' to provide the names of countries and
subdivisions.
xtour
  • Feature: Added support for using EU working time directive in combination with EU driving time regulation. When using both regulations, break splits are enabled.
Check the release history in XSI 2 Test...

Engins ia available for download at the Customer Area
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
ajg

Re: xServer 2.31 released

Post by ajg »

I tried installing xServer 2.31 today on Windows Server 2012, and had difficulties running it.
When loading the 'modules' it was failing with error 50:
boost_log-vc142-mt-x64-1_83.dll: can't find dependent libraries
There is no mention anywhere (that I could find) to say that there are dependencies for xServer 2.31 apart from Java 17.

I solved my issue by installing 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable Version (x64)'.

Do you know when this became a dependency? The last installation on this server was xServer 2.27 with Java 8.

I think it would be a good idea to add this dependency to the Release Notes and also the Installation Instructions.

Regards,
Andrew Gibbons
PTV Logistics (APAC / UK)
Andrew Gibbons
Software Developer (Product Integration)
PTV Group Australia
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: xServer 2.31 released

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hi Andrew,

looks like you have been running into this topic which was dropped in the PTV xServer Admin forum (visible after login).

The first time I heard of this issue was in fact when v2.31 was installed at several partner's environments. I like the idea of adding such important feedback to the INFO stream announcement of a new version ;-) I'll keep this in mind.

:!: From a generic perspective I recommend that you also use the forum's search function (logged in!). Especially when you encounter an error message: I want to add each and every error message that was reported including a solution to the forum so our users can find the missing info.

If you prefer to contact a PTV support team you will get the solution, too - but on that channel the community won't be able to find it in the open space ;-)

Best regards,
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: